Choosing a tent for your adventurous trips is not easy because you have to look for the one that is reliable and durable. You have to look for the one that has been made with high-quality material and has various benefits like canvas tents. Now, there are tents that are made with different fabrics like canvas and nylon. These are the 2 main fabrics, which are used to make tents. And here in this piece, we are going to tell you how canvas tent is better than a nylon tent for your usage:
- The reason that you should choose a canvas tent over the nylon tent is that they provide you with good insulation. This means that the canvas ones will keep you warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather, unlike the nylon one that will be extremely hot in summers and cold in winters making it useless for you.
- Then, the tents made with canvas are breathable while those made with nylon are non-breathable. While the former may not get condensation, the latter can get condensation because of their different properties.
- The canvas wall tents tend to be more durable than the nylon tents because of their fabric. Also, the canvas ones do not lose their color like the nylon ones. So, it is always better to go for the former one because canvas tent fabric is of high-quality and durable.
- The best part about the tents made with canvas is that they are quieter than the nylon tents. Because canvas is a heavier fabric than nylon, it doesn’t flap like the nylon one, which means when there will be wind, you are going to sleep peacefully in your canvas made tent, while your sleep may get affected in the nylon tent due to the flappy tent fabric.
- Also, when it comes to repairing the tent, it is easy to repair a canvas tent than a nylon tent because of the fabrics they are made up of. So, if the tent rips or tears apart, the former one can be repaired quickly and easily, unlike the latter one.
- One thing you are going to like about the canvas made tents is that they are sustainable. As they are made up of natural cotton, they are biodegradable and if it is left behind in the dirt, it will decompose without harming the environment. Whereas, a nylon tent is not at all sustainable because they are made with synthetic and they will not decompose.